Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It's All the Buzz...

This card has been floating around in my head for months now. It's fun to actually make it up finally. :) There are some changes from what I had envisioned. First, I hadn't originally planned to have the hexagons over quite so much space on the front, but I think I like it this way. Also, I was going to write "It's All the Buzz..." on the front, and even practiced my handwriting for it, but decided it just wouldn't look quite right. Finally, I had intended to do it in Basic Black and Daffodil Delight. But, it was such a fit for the current Paper Players Challenge #115, that I decided to do it in Basic Gray and So Saffron. (I also realized I have So Saffron ribbon and no Daffodil Delight ribbon.) The inside is a light gray cardstock left over from crafts several years ago. It's hard to see in the scans, but the wings on the bee have a slight shimmer from white color Smooch. I think I like the subtler colors; the brighter might be too austere. (Though I might have to try it in those colors just to find out.) It could also work with yellow and a dark brown, I think.

It sort of meets the Paper Players challenge: gray and yellow, includes ribbon as a finishing touch even though it doesn't especially feature it, and one of the two will be used to welcome a new baby to the world (and if that's not birthday, I don't know what is).




3 comments:

  1. So cute!!! It's great when our ideas finally make it to paper! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute....I love gray & yellow and ANYTHING bees! I am glad someone besides me chose that column for the challenge! Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little bee! Great idea to pair it with the honeycomb design. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete