Monday, October 1, 2012

Random Fall-colors Birthday Card with variations

There's another card that's been floating around in my head and I hope to make in the next few days. But in the meantime, I was intrigued by the current colourQ challenge. And bonus: I actually have all of the colors this time! Among other things, I was hoping to use down my overabundant supply of Dusty Durango cardstock that I seem to have such a hard time using up. But, no. Turns out it didn't work that way. The only Dusty Durango I managed to fit in was the ink. I used the layout from the current Your Next Stamp Challenge. On one variation, I tried to play up the "worn" look of the Razzleberry Lemonade in the rest of the card, including an attempt at distressing the brads. The other has a more polished look. This was a variation in my first attempt. I didn't like what I had laid out as the straightforward cross in the backdrop, but when I played around with the same pieces, I liked this look.


4 comments:

  1. Fun birthday card, Barbie, such a fun design. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on our sketch this week, Barbie! Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty!! Thanks for playing with us at the ColourQ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with our YNS sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete