Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bold-n-Sassy Birthday

A birthday card inspired in part by the scraps I found among my cardstock.


The gift bag is SU! Tall Tales DSP which I'm not sure I'll ever use up. The twine is actually SU! lucky limeade baker's twine, but don't tell anyone. The edgings were done by carefully using the SU! postage stamp punch as an edge punch. Colors came from the Dynamic Duos Challenge #10 (Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive). Layout from the Retrosketches Challenge #19.

Hm... Looking at the picture... wouldn't it be cute to slightly modify it so that the buttons looked like they're spilling out of the bag!

7 comments:

  1. I won't tell anybody about the Limeade bakers twine....I used it too!...shhhh! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card makes me want to shop. What a cute design. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean design and the colors are great. So glad you played RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea...the little gift bag is so creative! Love those little buttons too! :) Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! Love the colors and the cute buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Lucky Limeade and Old Olive are pretty close...in the baker's twine anyway. So your secret is safe with me! Such a cute design, Barbie and I really like how you created the cute bag. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever, Barbie! I use LL twine with Old Olive & Kiwi Kiss, too! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's RetroSketch!

    ReplyDelete