Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Golden Thanks

Today's card was a variation on yesterday's layout. I was excited that the current LIM challenge is GOLD in part because I recently got a package of brushed gold cardstock that I hadn't had a good opportunity to bust into yet! Also I really like making shiny cards!

I went for a variation and made gold the base color instead of the accent to see how that would turn out. I initially envisioned black and gold. With the browns, less black, and more gold showing, it's a different feel than I had initially thought I would go for. But  like it in its own right. I might try something again with the black and gold. We'll see.


The materials are again from SU. The layout is again a variation on the current Retrosketches. The color inspiration was from the current Less is More Challenge.

7 comments:

  1. Great card. I really like the layout. And brown and gold are real good together. I take it, the gold is more gold in real life than on the picture.

    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say the gold is probably a medium-shimmer. It's nice; just enough glimmer that it can go either very fun or very elegant.

      Delete
  2. Cool idea and love the colour scheme you chose

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!
    Great design.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply lovely
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplicity, Barbie! SO glad this sketch inspired you to make another card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!

    Very pretty color combination - love the card! The layout is right on! Wishing you a happy day!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete